Thursday, November 1

Don't Miss This Hug!

I wanted to share a little Kaden blurb from today. Kaden was in "quiet time" (the replacement for nap time) in my room, and I was working on my laptop in the living room. Our rules are that he's supposed to stay in the room and play quietly or rest until Laney finishes her nap. Now of course, he doesn't always follow those rules -- he likes to call for me, ask me questions, request more drinks, make small talk, etc. -- but he's only supposed to call for me for important stuff (like if he jumps from the ceiling fan and breaks his leg). :-)

After several reminders about the rules behind us, he opened the door, poked his head out, gave me an impish grin, and said, "Mommy, I have something to tell you. You don't want to miss this hug I have for you."

Is that precious or what?! Yes, he broke the rules; yes, he tried to manipulate me with cuteness; and yes, he knew it would work.

Get over here, baby, I do need that hug.

P.S. Can I add something here? Don't wait until your child asks you for a hug -- initiate the love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a cute story. ; )

josh said...

What a cute child we have!

Isn't it amazing how Christlike children can be? I can just see God reaching out through Kaden during your frustrating day(which wasn't mentioned in the post) saying... "don't miss this hug!"

Thanks for not missing it mommy!

Anonymous said...

So sweet!

Hey, you've probably already got these books or are aware of them, but I was doing some reference research on speechwriting and when I came across them I thought of you.

Christian Writers' Market Guide 2007: The Essential Reference Tool for the Christian Writer

The Little Handbook to Perfecting the Art of Christian Writing: Getting Your Foot in the Publisher's Door