- Cold weather -- even a *little* snow last night! -- the kind of frigid temps we rarely see here in TN, the kind of temps that beg for hot cocoa [or tea...see next item]! Now there's a celebration!
- Loose-leaf tea. If you haven't tried it, you are missing out on a tasty, calming winter treat!
- Playtime with Kaden. My new napping strategy for him includes purposely wearing him out in the morning. This is no easy task since he seems to have hidden reserves of energy, but I'm up for the task. We've been playing outside, going to the Y, walking in the woods, and having lots of fun while getting ready for a good, long nap. Bonus: exercise for me!
- Laney learning new things. She is in a constant state of motion and discovery, and it's fun to see her growing up into more of a toddler and less of a baby. She's getting steadier on her feet, and I think it'll only be a few months until she's walking! She pulls herself up on furniture like a champ!
- My uber-industrious hubby. I'm grateful for how hard Josh works to provide for our family and that he hasn't given up despite business start-up stress and working at a job that is not exactly where he pictured himself. I'm proud of you, baby!
- Weight loss! I lost 2.5 pounds in the last week, and that is something to be happy about! I think all that naptime exercise is paying off. :-)
Those are just a few of the many things I have to be grateful for, but it's a good place to start for today. If you want to join me in exercising my gratitude muscle, feel free to jump on the bandwagon!