Tuesday, January 23

With a Little Help from My Friends

Thanks to those of you who commented, emailed, or called to see how you could help to encourage me in my new resolve (see my last post). I appreciate your prayers and support more than you know! God is good to provide the right people with the right words at the right time.

I love to "pay it forward" and lend a helping hand when I can -- and today I got an opportunity to do just that! My good friend, Laurie Roe, is opening her own clothing store here in Nashville that specializes in petite clothing for women. It's called Petite Boutique, and I finally got to lay eyes on her big project for the first time today. It was awesome to see all of the things I've been reading about on her blog in real life. It's wonderful to see a friend realizing a dream.

Plus, I got 5 hours of childfree bliss -- the first of its kind in quite a while. I mindlessly moved pants, skirts, blouses, and suits from plastic hangers to wooden hangers, and guess what?! All that mindless work was quite wonderful, actually. No one asked me for juice, needed a diaper change, or whined at me. I'm telling you, adults are a breath of fresh air. :-) Plus, I got a free lunch from Moe's out of the deal. What could be better?

It was WONDERFUL to see my family after our little hiatus. It's amazing how just a short time away rejuvenates me!

And by the way, if you're petite -- and even if you're not (Laurie's carrying some awesome accessories like handbags, jewelry, shoes, etc.) -- stop by or make a special trip to Petite Boutique! It's shaping up to be such a delightfully fun store. Best wishes to you, Laurie!

No comments: