Wednesday, November 1

Too Busy to Blog?!

Wow, it's been a while since I blogged. I haven't been doing a very good job of updating y'all! (Or "youns" for my PA readers.) I have been SO busy!!! Here's a quick update.

You already know that I left Nashville for PA on the 21st (the surprise, remember?). Well, early on the morning of the 24th, as in about 5am, we got a call that my sister-in-law, Ashley, was in labor. Kaden and I prayed the night before that Korben would decide to come before I had to leave for CA at about 2pm on the 24th. Long story short, he made it just in time! My mom and I got to be there for the birth! Mom was one of the camera operators, and I got to be Ashley's right-leg labor coach. :-) She gave birth at home, and it was truly an amazing experience. My mom and I were saying last night that the whole thing still seems like a dream. But it's real. Korben's here, he's healthy, and he's one amazing little dude. I will post a picture in a separate entry.

So that was the 24th. Well, actually, not all of it. Later that day, I took off from Baltimore with Delaney to visit my sister, Jess, and her husband and new little one, Lilianna Grace. I have never been to California, so it was fun to visit a new place. We mostly sat inside and watched TV while we nursed around the clock, but hey -- it was a change of scenery, and the scenery was definitely gorgeous! For those who read my blog before I switched to Blogger, you know that Lilli was born about 4.5 weeks early and spent nearly 2 weeks in the NICU. But, Praise God!, she is doing great. (Those old entries are still at my Xanga blog.)

We heard today that Lilli's up to 7lb 12oz and is growing, nursing, and sleeping just beautifully. Well, she still has a little progess to make on sleeping, but she's getting there. It was wonderful to be with Jess, and we had a great time of visiting. We went on a few walks with the girls at the bay and the beach, which was pretty awesome. How fun is it to say "the girls"?! They got along quite well, I must add. Granted, I'm not sure they were really aware of each other, but they did help each other stay on their nightly eating routine by kindly waking each other (and us) up. Although Laney sleeps through the night at home, she was quite happy to take part in the late night snacking. :-)

Laney and I had a marathon day of traveling on Monday, and now we're back in PA at my parents' house. Mom and I took the kids trick or treating last night...just to the great-grandparents' houses, nothing too exciting. But Kaden got quite a few treats, which naturally made him quite happy. He got a nice sugar buzz going since his little body is not used to sugar at all.

And that brings us to today. Jet lag is behind me, and now I'm enjoying a few free moments while Mom plays with Laney. Kaden's asleep, Opa's asleep, and after Laney goes to bed, I will be working away at my freelancing project. I miss Josh like crazy, and I'm getting that I'm-ready-for-home feeling.

The last week and a half has flown by, but it's been a very enjoyable break. I'm loving being an aunt, so I'm going to post some pics of my new niece and nephew. I'm not sure if I'll blog again before I get back home on Saturday, but I'll be back as soon as I can!

Much Love from Pennsylvania!

No comments: