Wednesday, May 23

What's for Dinner?: Pizza

I love reading foodie blogs (like Gluten-Free Girl and so many others...), and while my food photography pretty much stinks (I blame my camera!), it's still fun to share some of the things that are gracing our table here in the Hesse house.

We made this a few weeks ago, and I'm just getting around to posting it. My disclaimer is that this is not necessarily a recipe -- the amounts are approximate, and in certain spots, it's up for improvements! Let's call this...

Gluten-Free BBQ Goat Cheese Pizza

1 pizza crust ( I used the Gluten-Free Pantry's bread/pizza mix.)
2 chicken breasts
1/4 c. BBQ sauce of your choice (just enough to coat the chicken)
small container ricotta cheese
3 medium onions, thinly sliced
balsamic vinegar
small container goat cheese (2-3 oz.?)

1.) Prepare your crust and spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese. One thing we would improve next time is to add more BBQ flavor. You could do this by adding some BBQ sauce to the crust or swapping out the ricotta cheese and using only BBQ sauce.
2.) Cut onion slices in half and saute over low heat until soft and tasty. Add balsamic vinegar as they cook. This takes a LONG time to cook them without browning them.
3.) Coat the chicken in BBQ sauce and grill (it's okay to be a smidge undercooked since it will finish cooking in the oven).
4.) Add the chicken and cooked onions to your pizza. Then top everything with small dots of goat cheese.

Bake in the oven at 375 degrees or so until the crust is baked and the toppings are heated through. Enjoy!


Let me know if you try it! I'm working to perfect a Veggie Quiche recipe I made up this week. My second try tonight went much better than the first! I'll post that next week.

Wishing you tasty, nutritious meals!

P.S. I have to add that I am mostly just the secretary for this recipe -- Josh was the inspiration behind these flavors. I'm married to a culinary genius! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pizza looks yummy! Is the quiche different than the one with cheese as the crust and spinach? That one was good too. I love reading your blogs. Love Mom
PS I didn't know Kaden got a fish! I'll have to talk to him about that!

Unknown said...

Yup, the quiche is different. I don't want to post two entries on one day, so maybe I'll post it tomorrow (so much suspense!). Thanks for commenting! Love, J