Monday, April 23

Quick Update

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been so quiet this last week. My parents came into town a week from yesterday, and I started getting really sick the day before they got here. I kept getting worse and worse until we finally decided I needed to go to the dr. on Tuesday. Turns out I had strep throat! No wonder my throat was so sore! :-) I have no idea where it came from -- neither of the kids had it, and I don't know of anyone else who had it. After one course of steroids for swelling and partially through my antibiotics, I am a new woman. Praise God!

On top of having company, I am working feverishly on a project for Nelson, proofreading a dramatized New Testament script. For the first time, I sub-contracted out some of my work, and it's been fun managing other editors and getting the chance to spread some work around to a few of my friends.

In addition to that, my parents helped us plant our first-ever veggie garden. I will post pics as soon as I can. It's about 15X20...and filled with corn, peppers, squash, carrots, broccoli, brussel sprouts, lettuce, onions, peas, and turnips. We really have no clue what we're doing, but with a little water, sunshine, and God's grace, we should have veggies this summer/fall. We're pretty pumped.

Here's a quick funny story from Kaden. It illustrates how thoroughly the Cars movie has infiltrated our life. Today around lunchtime, Kaden asked me if he could go outside, and I told him no because we were getting ready to eat. He asked me a few more times, as is his custom, but I persisted. He finally gave up and said, "I am SO not taking you to dinner, [Mom]." It's a line from the movie, and it cracked me up b/c that's the first time he's done something like that...taking a line from a movie and correctly applying it in context. Pretty cute.

No comments: